Friday, July 07, 2006

 

I've been a bit lethargic....

...and havn't been telling you, my dear readers, what I've been up to. To remedy this, I'll go over my past week in an informal way. Enjoy.

Saturday - Ordination at St. Woolos Cathedral in Newport of David McGladdery (see here for press release and picture), followed by reception at Monmouth School. (*edit* - I've just found another blogger who went to St. Woolos - his account's here)

Sunday - Father McGladdery's first Mass, celebrated at St. Mary's (this is a little out of date - the statue of Our Lady is now bigger than life size and carved of stone, but, alas, not crown yet for our Queen of Heaven), followed by yet another small reception

Monday - Shift at Oxfam Shop

Tuesday - Meeting with DDO, starting with him giving an assembly at a local Church in Wales school about pilgrimage (Our Lady of Walsingham was brought up - get 'em young!), followed by a long chat about the state of the Church over coffee - Canon Pain would go RC if the communion split, but thought the idea of a 'Celtic Orthodox Church' sounded interesting. He suggested my purchasing of an alb and cassock, which would seem to suggest a distinct chance of my eventual acceptance! I'm meeting him on Monday at St. Thomas', where he's conducting a funeral, and wanted me to go along.

Rest of Week - Shifts at Oxfam, shifting books about, as well as various other things.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?